Sunday, February 17, 2008

Getting to a Birdz Eye View

What does it mean to have a bird's eye view, traditionally one would think that it means a view from above, almost out of site and unnoticeable to those who are being viewed. And within my definition this isn't all wrong, but it is not inclusive enough either. For me, getting a birdz eye view invites new perspectives about self and others. It requires reflection, identification, and eventually response. Taking this approach is so critical, especially now, as the world continues to move faster, and is growing small enough to allow for things like this blog to exist and be read around the world. But as humanity, we have lost touch and focus on those things that are most important. And honestly, those things are not things at all but are people and relationships. So, for me getting a bird(z) eye view is about determining how to make the best of life within the human condition. Now I'm not trying to be philosophical when I mention, the human condition or to begin a big debate over what this means, but I have been spending a lot of time pondering what this means and specifically what it mean for me and my life.

No comments: